Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Midsummer Night's Dream - Shakespeare

I dislike Shakespearean plays, or so I've said to myself and others for the past 11 years, ever since I read the dreaded Romeo and Juliet and watched as my teacher awkwardly skipped the sex scene during the Macbeth movie.

My dislike for Shakespeare has no basis, rather I don't care for Romeo and Juliet, but it's just ONE PLAY. So! I've finally gotten myself to read another play and I didn't hate it! It was difficult to read, sure, but there are annotations and kindle now let's you check Wikipedia when you highlight a word, so it wasn't as bad.

It was funny, I'd love to watch it being performed and I'd definitely enjoy it even more now that I've read it and understand what's going on.

It wasn't until I got to the part where Hermia finds Lysander sleeping in the forest that I realized I used her monologue to audition for a play at University! No wonder I didn't get the part.. I didn't even understand what I was saying or the context it was in.

I don't even know why I attended the auditions, they were for Romeo and Juliet.... #hypocrite

No comments:

Post a Comment