Tuesday, May 12, 2015

American Horror Story- Murder House


I can't believe I wasted 3 hours of my time watching this show. It was... interesting, for lack of a better word, at first. I mean I was very disturbed by it and I just wanted to quit, but I was sadistically intrigued at the same time. That intrigue was short lived though. Three episodes down the line and I realized I've just been watching random macabre and gory scenes, designed purely for shock value. That was about the time I shut down the show and read the rest of the plot on Wikipedia.

I must admit, that the cinematography in this show is brilliant. It's what pulled me to it in the first couple of episodes. Creepy and disturbing does not even begin to describe the events. So many fucked up things, what the hell is up with that Rubber Suit!? What sick mind thought this up.

My issue with the show is the plot. It is sooo lame. It's the love child of Bold and the Beautiful and Are You Afraid of The Dark (Do you guys remember that? A 90's Adolescent horror TV Series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-LSxQ24q78) I can see why this show gets a high rating, since as far as horrors go, it serves it's purpose, it's intense, creepy and fucked up. But it's trying tooo hard to be messed up. Too many ideas and "plot twists", ridiculous ones... can't get over the freakin rubber suit. 

Also, why did no one google the house before they moved in? Why does no one google any of the people they run into? If you hear that your house is dubbed "Murder House", you don't go on the tour! You just GOOGLE it. It's the 21st century, you don't action anything before asking Google. 

Creepy but too Ridiculous to count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment