Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Nick Spalding - Fat Chance


Greg and Zoe sign up to a radio show competition to loose weight (something like the biggest loser) after a number of unfortunate body weight related incidents. We follow them on their weight loss journey through alternating diary entries

This book wasn't great. Besides a few witty comments thrown by Greg and Zoe this was basically a bunch of whiny diary entries. If I wanted to read endless complaining, I'd dig up my old diaries.

I can sum the story up in a few lines (Spoilers ahead. If you could call them that)

First 80% of the book.

Zoe: I'm fat and I can't fit in a dress.
Greg: I'm fat but it doesn't bother me.

20 pages and a broken chair later...

Greg: Ok, maybe it does bother me a bit.

Zoe: 20 pages about a cabbage diet

Greg: 20 pages about his personal trainer experience

Zoe: I'm Fat

Greg: I'm Fat

Last 20% of book

Zoe: 20 pages about allll the different diets she tried and what finally worked for her.... wait for it.... EATING IN MODERATION .... who would have thought people?

Greg: 20 pages about various exercise equipment he bought and what finally worked..... the Treadmill... SURPRISE. (P.S. treadmills don't make shin splints better.... just sayin)

Zoe and Greg: We're now happy

The End

Blekh. It's an honorable message : You can achieve anything you set your mind to. But way too much whining and self deprecating humor. Once or twice is funny, but not 300 pages of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment