Sunday, August 30, 2015

The Gathering Storm: Wheel of Time Book 12- Robert Jordan

Re-read.

Oh.My.God. What an emotional roller coaster! I've fallen in love with this series all over again. I've forgotten how amazing this installment was. This installment is equivalent to finding water in the desert. After 11 books of world building and plot twisting we have a climax. This is the turning point in the series, the last 2 books serve as a resolution. What a book! I read the bulk of it while on holiday and I spent all the train/plane rides either crying, laughing or talking to myself in excitement. Oh wow.

You can tell that the writing has been altered. Sanderson has a younger more straightforward voice but kudos to him for maintaining the essence of WOT. I LOVE RJ, he created WOT for us and I'm a die-hard fan but I must say that Sanderson taking it over worked out really really well.

This is non-stop action, things are moving along with EVERYONE. Egwene's plot is kick-ass. I decided if they ever got this series on TV, I'm auditioning for Egwene's role. And Rand.. ah Rand.. all I can say is ABOUT FREAKIN TIME! I'm really surprised that the first time I read this, the implications of Rand's emo-ness totally went over my head, I mean it's so glaringly obvious.. how did I not see it?! Now I understand though and big claps for Jordan once again.

I'm just so overwhelmed and really sad that I have one more book to go before I finish my re-read and reach the final book.

I don't want to let go.. what will I do with the rest of my life!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment